Blu Learning Ltd ("We" or “Blulearn”) are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy. This statement sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us.
Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it. By using our website blulearn.com and its subdomains and mobile versions (our “Site”) you indicate your acceptance of this Privacy Statement. If you do not agree to this Privacy Statement, do not use or access the Site.
1. INFORMATION WE COLLECT
Blu Learning Limited is a Data Controller, as per the conditions set out in Article 4(7) of the GDPR, where we provide website access to our users.
This information is a general description of processing activities and information. Please contact us should you wish to receive specific information on processing activities that relate to your personal data. The Personal Data records held by Blu Learning Limited may include:
a) Categories of User records
• Name (where you voluntarily provide this)
• Email address (where you voluntarily provide this)
• Institution or company
• User name
b) Purposes of processing
User records are kept for the purposes of:
• providing access to our website products and services
c) Lawful Bases for Processing
• Necessary for the execution of contractual obligations
• Legitimate interests – It is in the legitimate interest of Blu Learning
d) Location and Security Procedures
Digital records are stored on a password-protected server with adequate encryption and firewall software in a secured location.
Information we collect about you via this website.
With regard to each of your visits to our Site we may automatically collect the following information:
• technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform; and
• information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL) clickstream to, through and from our Site (including date and time); products you accessed; page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), and methods used to browse away from the page.
This is statistical data about our users' browsing actions and patterns.
2. USES MADE OF THE INFORMATION
We use information collected in the following ways:
Where you provide information to us we may use this:
• To provide you with access to our services.
• To notify you about changes to our service.
• To ensure that content from our Site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
• To administer our Site and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes.
• To improve our Site to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
• To allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so.
• As part of our efforts to keep our Site safe and secure.
3. DISCLOSURE OF YOUR INFORMATION
Your personal information may be disclosed in the following ways:
• In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
• If Blu Learning Ltd or a substantial part of its assets are acquired by a third party personal data held by us about our customers will be one of the transferred assets.
4. WHERE WE STORE YOUR PERSONAL DATA
The data that we collect from you may be transferred to, and stored at, a destination outside the European Economic Area ("EEA"). It may also be processed by staff operating outside the EEA who work for us or for one of our suppliers. Such staff may be engaged in, among other things, the fulfilment of your order, the processing of your payment details and the provision of support services. By submitting your personal data, you agree to this transfer, storing or processing. We will take all steps reasonably necessary to ensure that your data is treated securely and in accordance with this Privacy Statement.
All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers and we take the security of the data that we store seriously. However, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our Site and any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
5. USER RIGHTS
You have the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
For processing activities for which we rely on consent as a basis for processing your data, you have the right to withdraw your consent at any time.
For processing activities which are based on a statutory or contractual requirement, you may request your data not be processed for that purpose. However, this is not an absolute right and may be over-ridden by our statutory obligations. In other cases, requesting that data should not be processed for a particular reason may prevent us from executing a contract or delivering a service to you.
You have the right to request:
• A copy of data we hold about you. (Right of Access)
• That any error in data we hold about you is corrected. (Right of Rectification)
• That data we hold about you be erased, unless we have an overriding interest or legal obligation to retain it. (Right of Erasure)
• That we refrain from processing data for a specific purpose. (Right to Restrict processing)
To exercise your user rights noted above, please contact us by email at email@example.com
6. YOUR RIGHT TO COMPLAIN
You have the right to lodge a complaint regarding our use of your data.
Please tell us first, so we have a chance to address your concerns. If we fail in this, you can address any complaint to the Data Protection Commissioner. You can find their contact details directly below:
The Information Commisioner's Office
Telephone helpline: +44 (0)303 123 1113
7. CHANGES TO OUR PRIVACY STATEMENT
Any changes we may make to our privacy statement in the future will be posted on this page. Please check back frequently to see any updates or changes to this statement.
Questions, comments and requests regarding this privacy statement are welcomed and should be addressed to firstname.lastname@example.org.